I'm feeling lucky right now. Or rather, I remember how lucky I am.
I don't think I'd be where I am right now without a whole load of lucky breaks. Small things that pay off in the future, or just big out-of-nowhere offers that set me back on some sort of workable course.
It feels like an age since I've written here, but it's been less than a month. A little over a month ago, there was also a post, where I remember how lucky I am.
The summer's been good to me. Better than I could have expected.
And every time I think about my luck, I keep thinking about how so much of it seems based on spotting opportunities and being less afraid to capitalise on them.
I keep worrying I'm slipping. But, I'm realising more and more that this is just me realising that I'm hitting a plateau, and that I need to tackle bigger problems.
I'm taking this week off work. I managed to plan it just in time. And it was lucky that a friend spotted a little spa deal on a voucher site. We went today. We were both still in afterglow a few hours later, although I think it had different effects on both of us.
Her effects are her to tell, not me, but I'm able to sit still and watch TV. I know it sounds stupid, but I can sit and watch without pausing, or cringing out. It's nice.
I had other plans for this evening. But, I was too relaxed. So, instead, I wandered about. A different opportunity arose. I'm not sure what it's an opportunity for... but I'm kinda cool with that. It may go nowhere, it may go somewhere cool. Who knows?
But... I think I'm beginning to internalise some thoughts I had a few months back. That I want to appreciate the journey of going wherever it is that I'm going now. That I don't just want the end product, but the experience. And I like it.
That's not to say it's all beer and skittles, but I think I'm OK with that. There's room for growth, and feeling, and just this sense that wherever I am now isn't the end... by a long shot.
I don't think I'd be where I am right now without a whole load of lucky breaks. Small things that pay off in the future, or just big out-of-nowhere offers that set me back on some sort of workable course.
It feels like an age since I've written here, but it's been less than a month. A little over a month ago, there was also a post, where I remember how lucky I am.
The summer's been good to me. Better than I could have expected.
And every time I think about my luck, I keep thinking about how so much of it seems based on spotting opportunities and being less afraid to capitalise on them.
I keep worrying I'm slipping. But, I'm realising more and more that this is just me realising that I'm hitting a plateau, and that I need to tackle bigger problems.
I'm taking this week off work. I managed to plan it just in time. And it was lucky that a friend spotted a little spa deal on a voucher site. We went today. We were both still in afterglow a few hours later, although I think it had different effects on both of us.
Her effects are her to tell, not me, but I'm able to sit still and watch TV. I know it sounds stupid, but I can sit and watch without pausing, or cringing out. It's nice.
I had other plans for this evening. But, I was too relaxed. So, instead, I wandered about. A different opportunity arose. I'm not sure what it's an opportunity for... but I'm kinda cool with that. It may go nowhere, it may go somewhere cool. Who knows?
But... I think I'm beginning to internalise some thoughts I had a few months back. That I want to appreciate the journey of going wherever it is that I'm going now. That I don't just want the end product, but the experience. And I like it.
That's not to say it's all beer and skittles, but I think I'm OK with that. There's room for growth, and feeling, and just this sense that wherever I am now isn't the end... by a long shot.